Saturday, August 29, 2009

Balance

It's been a few days now and SO much had happened, so to save you an hour I'm going to try and make it quick. No promises =) Today the story of the day from Brian Andreas is called Big Breakfast "The only thing that keeps me together some days is an unwavering belief in balance, her said. I try to eat a big breakfast, too." I'm a believer in that. I think anyone who tries to live a happy life believes that too.

I am keeping a journal of the little things I love. It could be a recipe I read in a magazine, something I see on HGTV, a website I think is great... whatever! I found these ADORABLE pillows that I LOVE but they are pretty expensive. PILLOWHAPPY.ETSY.COM I took a sewing class not too long ago so I'm pretty sure I can make these pillows myself. If they turn out the way I expect them too I will be so happy!! They are honestly the cutest things I've come across in a while.Here are just a few.



Lots of projects I am keeping track of. And if you know me well, you know I am a project queen =) I even bought a canvas...just waiting for the inspiration.

I registered online at HawaiianAirlines for free because in September you can fly to the outer Islands for $24.99!!! That's right, I can travel to the other islands for less than dinner! I'm pretty excited about it, minus the fact that someone told me the planes are kinda sketchy =/ Hopefully that's not true cause I hate flying! Now I can go see the Big Island and all the volcano's I keep hearing about. Yea!

Cheesy the Dino came to visit the hospital for our 100 year celebration week. If you don't know who Cheesy is, you might be recall a dinosaur that is yellow and you can find him on a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese!


We also had a visit from Sid Fernendez who was once a pitcher for the Dodgers. I didn't know who he was (and neither did the kids). This would only be exciting for a small population I believe.
I have to work at the zoo tomorrow for out BIG birthday celebration.It's a pretty big deal so I'm excited to see how it goes. I'm getting a better understanding of how great this hospital is. I was a bit worried that I would be trained at some Podunk hospital but it turns out this is a GREAT hospital and has become the number one hospital for children in the Pacific. God is good.
I went to China Town today with Natalie. At first we didn't know where we were going, and then finally found the "hot spots!" Little did we know that China Town is a more morning adventure so their wasn't as much hype at 5:00pm. It was good though, just walked around all the markets, got a watermelon "smoothie" with Tapioca pieces, and witnessed some of the different fruits. They should really label those. I DID however come across one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I'm pretty tolerant of other cultures. I love to observe and experience the difference they have to offer, but this was out of control. DRIED SILVER FISH! Yes, the nasty little things that slither around your house unexpectedly without welcome. YOU EAT THESE!?!?!?!? Each one of them still had their EYEBALLS! I'm sorry, I can not respect that. Gross.



I went to the farmers market Thursday and picked up a mango! (I know, I splurge.)The market wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. The one in Austin puts it to shame actually, but I still really enjoyed it.
So... I found a Mexican restaurant a few days ago on my way to the gym and was thrilled to find out I won't have to go 4 months without chips and queso! I visit this place last night...order chips and queso to start with, and then some chicken enchiladas for dinner. I normally would NEVER get chicken enchiladas (cheese only!) but I thought it might be a LITTLE ridiculous to eat chips and cheese.... and then more cheese. So I changed it up. Was it good? I can say it was good...with hesitation. The queso tasted like something I could buy at the grocery store and the rest was good, but it wasn't Johnny Tamales, Gringos or The Donkey. That's for sure. It will have to do, until I try the next one I find!
I have lots of work to do by midnight. So it's about that time I shut it up and get back to the books. I thought I was going to be doing something with a friend tonight but it's almost 8 and due to the amount of unfinished work, I doubt it. I miss everybody back at home, wish they were here to experience this amazing place with me... Peace. Love. Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment