Monday, August 17, 2009

Oven Lovin'

Who knew how much I would miss an oven until I didn't have access to one! I don't consider myself a cook by any means, but I do consider myself a amateur baker =) The funny thing about me baking is that I rarely eat the finished product. My roommate used to laugh at me because I would bake a batch of cookies just for the aroma... they made the apartment smell soo good! Who cares if I don't like Chocolate Chip cookies? I'm sure someone who comes to this apartment will. Well, now I am completely without an oven and am starting to miss it. I found these cute little pies on a stick that I have been wanting to try, My cheezy chicken sounds amazing right about now, and not to mention the reduced fat cinnamon rolls my sister introduced me to that I haven't even been able to test! I have a "kitchenette" which consists of a mini fridge, two burners and a microwave. I have found a new respect for the oven. You know the popular saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder"? It's true, even with kitchen appliances...
Orientation was good today, quick and painless.
On the way home I bought a new comforter because waking up every other hour during the night just isn't going to cut it for the next four months. For the last couple of nights, I have been depending on Tylenol PM to get me through, until Coy told me not to do that because it can be addicting. And considering I don't want to leave Hawaii an addict, I decided something needed to be done to better my sleeping patterns, so I went out and bought a down comforter =)
It was quite an extravaganza trying to get my king size comforter out of ROSS, down to the bus stop, on the bus (surrounded by 20 standing legs), off the bus, down the street, up the stairs AND into my place. At one point I had the comforter resting on my head as if I were an African woman carrying water back to her tribe. At any rate, I am ready to hit the sack tonight Tylenol PMless and hoping to have a full nights rest...too bad it's only 5:15. Maybe an evening nap will do for now.

2 comments:

  1. What about a toaster oven? You could make tiny batches of cookies for the aroma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that! But I just don't know how expensive they are =/

    ReplyDelete